October 12, 2010

Yahweh

Lately I can't seem to get a certain song out of my mind called "Yahweh." "Yahweh" is an awesome but simple song on the album "The 2econd Coming" by Mali Music. I think the reason why this song is permanently stuck in my head is because I've been listening to the entire album non-stop from this summer up until now. However, I'll save the album review for another time.


Oh, just in case you didn't know, Yahweh is Hebrew in orgin. It is the personal, distinctive, and literal name of GOD.  Similar to a form of the Hebrew verb "YHWH", which means "to be". Many scholars believe YHWH is related to a root word meaning "to be present" or "to exist" and probably meant either "He creates or causes" or simply "I AM", meaning that God did not depend on anyone or anything for His existence. This comes from Exodus 3:13-14, where Moses asks God what His name is, and God says "I AM WHO I AM."


Okay so go ahead and take a listen to the song and take a minute to read the lyrics.




Lyrics:                                                                                              
All the glory belongs to You/ all the glory belong to You, Oh God!
All the glory belongs to You/ all the glory belongs to You, Oh God!
Hal/ le/ lu/ jah (repeat) Hallelujah (repeat)Yahweh
Yahweh be praised/ Yahweh/ Yahweh be praised!



*video courtesy of  YouTube
*lyrics courtesy of http://www.malimusicnote.com/Lyricsinside.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...