October 13, 2010

Health & Fitness: Mickey D's Anyone?

Sally Davies, Happy Meal Project
A fellow co-worker/friend told me an interesting fact a few weeks ago. We were on the subject of food and healthy eating. Mid-way into the conversation she mentioned back in middle school one of her teachers did a science experiment on whether or not a McDonald's cheese burger would spoil in thirty days. The ending results had me surprised and thankful that I don't eat anything from McDonald's. No offense to the company or their food, my body just doesn't agree with any of their food (except for their apple pies which I must admit, I like).


So what what were the results you ask? Well, the cheeseburger did not mold or spoil. It just turned a little hard. Now that's crazy and makes me seriously wonder what effects does this have on the body/health? Just something to think about.


Funny enough as of today I came across an article (click here for article) indicating that the same experiment was conducted on a McDonald's happy meal  for six months (confirmation that I needed to blog about this). The results were similar to my friend's, that in which the entire meal did not spoil or mold. Pretty much it was "well" preservered. On this note, I think I'll  continue to pass on the Mickey D's...yes even the apple pies eventually!


*picture and article info sourced from www.walletpop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...