October 5, 2010

Tanks, Tees & Turtlenecks Oh My!

Tanks, Tees & Turtlenecks Oh My!

Tanks, tees, and turtlenecks are the ultimate basics in most wardrobes, well at least for me. They're versatile , comfortable, and easy to style. Not to mention an inexpensive wardrobe essential. When it comes to tees/tanks/turtlenecks there are endless styling possibilities.  So, here are a few basic styling principles that I live by:


Basic Colors Are A Must                                                                       
You can never have enough white, nude, gray, black, and navy tees/tanks/turtlenecks(these colors go with pretty much everything). I suggest stocking up on these basic colors first before any other color. Don't get me wrong I love color and have plenty of colorful tees, but just get the basics covered first.


Fit & Fabric                                                                                           
I mostly stick with the longer styles of tanks/tees/turtlenecks. "Longer" meaning anything that is at/around hip area and a little below the hip area. These lengths have the most versatility in what I can wear with them. Besides, I'm really not into a short tee that shows the midriff or has the possibility of showing my midriff if I just happen to raise my arms. As for the type of fabric it depends on the season and occasion. I tend to stick with lighter sheerer fabrics if it's spring/summer or early fall and if I plan on layering. I go with semi-heavier fabrics during late fall or winter.


Layering                                                                                                 
I love to wear my tanks/tees/turtlenecks by themselves a lot of the time. However, I find that layering them under another item of clothing (i.e dresses, tunics, vest, blazers, and blouses) gives new life to an outfit. Just remember, semi-sheer to thin tanks/tees/turtlenecks are best underneath something or doubled up with another piece. A slighter heavier tank/tee/turtleneck is best alone.


* photo layout is courtesy of polyvor

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...