December 1, 2010

Health and Fitness: Getting A Leg Up

For the next few months I will embark on a journey to pack on a bit of lean weight. Why would I want to gain weight you ask? Well, lets just say I can stand to gain a few pounds...I'm in my mid- twenties and have a petite little body of a thirteen year old. I want to focus on bulking up my legs as a whole. More specifically, my thighs and calves.


My Plan Of Attack For Great Legs                                                                   
  • Add more protein and calories to my diet.
  • Jog no more than ten minutes 2-3 times a week (any more cardio will result in weight loss for me).
  • Do Seated Leg Calf Raises, Squat Jumps, and the Leg Extension machine 2-3 times a week 4-5 reps of 10 for each exercise.
  • Performing leg stretching exercises before, during, and/or after training (some believe this aids in: preventing injury, improved balance/flexibility of a muscle group, and muscle growth)
Seated Single Leg Calf Raises                                                                           

Step 1: Sit on stability ball or chair and rest dumbbells on top of thighs.

Step 2: Lift heels off floor to contract your calf muscles.




Squat Jumps                                                                                                       

Step 1: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms either behind your head or across your chest.

Step 2: Do a regular squat and then jump up as explosively as you can.

Step 3: When you land, lower your body back into the squat position.

*If you experience any knee or back pain do not continue this exercise*





Other Great Ways To Workout Your Legs                                                     
Hiking
Climbing Stairs
Running Uphill
Jogging
Cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...