September 6, 2010

Fall Back Into A Skin Care Regimen For Fall

[picture source]
When it comes to maintaining clearer and healthier skin sticking to the essential basics and a routine has been a winner for me. Whenever I stray from this my skin goes ballistic! It’s important that you implement a good routine morning and night (yup ladies that means washing the make-up off EVERY night). So here are a few of the basics that are great to adapt into a routine:


Cleanser(morning & night):                        
Using a good cleanser that's gentle and pH. balanced (pH level between 4.5-6.0) keeps my skin calm and clear. I would also suggest using a cleanser that is natural and/or organic based, paraben free, sulfate free, and possibly free of synthetic fragrances(for those with sensitive skin).


Toner(morning & night after cleansing or exfoliating or mask):
Toner of course helps tone the skin, but it also aids in removing any excess residue and dead skin cells. A good toner helps prepare the skin for moisture and infuse important nutrients to skin. I recommend using a toner that is pH. balanced (pH level between 4.5-6.0) Also, natural and/or organic based, paraben free, sulfate free, and possibly, free of synthetic fragrances(for those with sensitive skin).


Moisturizer(morning & night after toner):                                                  
No matter what skin type you have every skin needs moisture. I used to think that my skin HATES moisturizer but that was until I found the right one. My skin responded a lot better once I incorporated a moisturizer into my skin care regimen. It became a lot clearer, smoother, and even toned, not to mentioned less dry (I didn’t realize I had dry skin until I started regularly using a moisturizer and skipped out on using it one day). I suggest using a moisturizer that is natural and/or organic based, paraben free, sulfate free, and possibly free of synthetic fragrances(for those with sensitive skin). And of course it's good to have a SPF in your moisturizer. Most importantly, remember to choose a moisturizer that is geared toward working with your skin type. You wouldn’t want to use a heavy cream based moisturizer intended for dry/mature skin if you have dry/acne prone skin.


Exfoliate(2-3x‘s a week after cleansing):                                                      
Exfoliating the skin allows for dead skin cells to be removed and helps even up skin tone. If your skin is like mine(VERY sensitive) or even if it isn’t, I wouldn’t exfoliate too often, 2-3 x’s per week. Also, don’t exfoliate to harshly, let the product do the work. Rubbing and scrubbing to hard could lead to irritation and more breakouts. I would also suggest using a exfoliant that is gentle, natural and/or organic based, paraben free, sulfate free, and possibly, free of synthetic fragrances(for those with sensitive skin)

Mask(after exfoliating 2-3x‘s a week after cleansing and/or exfoliating):  
I love a good mask. It’s like a mini spa experience. I personally use an all natural green clay mask or bentonite clay mask (comes in powder form) that I have to add water or my own ingredients to. That way I know that I am not getting any extra fluff and stuff that I don’t want on my face that might be harmful. Masks are an excellent way to deep clean and tighten your pores. It's also great for toning your skin. I would recommend applying a mask 2-3 times a week depending on skin type(less frequent for sensitive skin more frequent for oily/acne prone skin).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...